CPF FUNDED GRANT DETAILS
Grant Title: Integrating Pharmacist Support for Thriving in Place Home Health Program
Grant Complete, 2017
Medication Management, Safety & Quality
Thriving in Place, Home Health
Click to read more
- To support and improve thriving in place healthcare efforts by introducing and building pharmacist driven and supervised services.
- To promote patient-driven and centered methods for improving medication management, and have these methods detected and refined for future patient selection.
- To successfully integrate pharmacist medication management efforts into the existing reimbursement structure to ensure sustainability of service provision.
- To train pharmacy students to collaborate with patients, caregivers, pharmacies and providers using time-efficient tools and motivational interviewing skills to process deliverables.
- To share successes, lessons learned, and outcomes data with pharmacists, providers, healthcare networks, legislators, and healthcare quality organizations to further the agenda of expanding pharmacist practice as providers.
- To demonstrate reduction in healthcare spending burden using recent literature calculation models when a pharmacist engages the patient in medication management and thereby identifies and eliminates sources of adverse drug effects and interactions.
- To make a positive contribution to population health of underserved areas with associated low health scores at baseline.