CPF FUNDED GRANT DETAILS
Grant Title: Community Pharmacist Integration into Contingency Management and Education for Opioid Weaning Patients
Dragatsi & Co.
Medication Management, Safety & Quality
Opioid Weaning, Contingency Management
Click to read more
- To support and promote the community pharmacist integration in formulating customer-specific solutions to improve, reduce or wean from opiate medication.
- To promote, encourage and facilitate healthcare consumers access to pharmacists to consult and provide options based on medication interaction review, OTC recommendations for managing pain and cravings, appropriate choice of supplements, and dietarysnack options readily available in the community pharmacy.
- To educate community pharmacists, other pharmacists and pharmacy students on OTC contingency management principles and interventions when opiate weaning customers are facing situations of actual or perceived narcotic deficit.
- To support community, FQHC, ACO and embedded primary care pharmacists with a working toolkit to act as a reference for them and for customers taking or weaning off opiates. Toolkit includes printed bag stuffers educational leaflets, educational wall calendars, featuring specific evidence-based OTC interventions to use in the patients contingency management context.
- To keep consistent messaging from the Medication Assisted Therapy MAT clinic to the community pharmacy dispensing their prescriptions, thereby increasing perceived integrity by the customer in their journey to recovery.
- To minimize necessity of repeat post-surgical or post-procedure opiate prescriptions in the community setting.