CPF FUNDED GRANT DETAILS
Grant Title: Financially Sustainable Pharmacist-Led Clinical Services for Geriatric Patients at Assisted Living Facilities
Grants Awarded Number
OReilly Family Pharmacy
Pharmacy Management & Ownership
The objectives of this project are to:
1. Initiate collaborative practice agreements for diabetes (DM), hypertension (HTN), hyperlipidemia (HLD), and anticoagulation with a nurse practitioner who cares for geriatric patients at two Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) serviced by O?Reilly Family Pharmacy.
2. Develop a financially sustainable model of pharmacist-led care via pharmacist billing under provider status in Ohio.
3. Develop protocols for independent community pharmacy-provided care for patients in ALFs to enhance value-based outcomes.
4. Measure and assess patient satisfaction after pharmacist intervention in order to gather support for pharmacist-provided care in ALFs.
5. Build upon CPF Grant Award #178 to create a best practices model to guide workflow, billing and implementation strategies for pharmacies interested in establishing collaborative practice agreements and providing care in ALFs.
Click to read more